1. Over 30% of Auto Loans are Behind on Payments. When people can't come up with $300 per month to pay this loan, it is not good. If you are looking for a used car to purchase cheap, perhaps many will come on the market soon.
2. Architect in the San Fernando Valley tells me that the sale representatives who visit architectural firms tell him that only 30% of the firms are busy. Usually it is 70% are busy with projects. There is a ripple effect. When architects are slow, people are not moving forward with building. Then the interior designer, purchasing agent, construction and installers are hit.
3. Retail sales were way below estimates in the latter part of fourth quarter 2018. Perhaps people do not have money in their pocket to spend.
4. Federal Reserve has increased the interest rates last year that moves money from your pocket to the banks and lenders.
5. Economist in the states counties are predicting an economic slowdown and recession in CALIFORNIA at the end of summer, September/October.
6. California is its own economy. Outside of California, things are very different economically.
The key to a vibrant economy is to keep money in people's pockets to spend as they choose not the government coffers.
When government taxes are too high and regulations are stifling, the money flowing from your pocket to others which pay for services and products becomes less, the economy slows or shrinks -- Called a Recession. ... See MoreSee Less